Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

As I think back over the past year in regards to being a mother and the women who, by learning from them, have helped me to become a better Mom, these are certain images that come to my mind. Here they are in no particular order...
My Incredible Mom with the girls the day Buddy & I came home from the hospital.
My Wonderful Grandma Neat-a & me!
Buddy and me moments after he was born.
And then all 3 kidlets...
One of my favorite pics of my Mom & me together. Not so flattering for me, but, you can see how happy being with my Mom makes me!

My Caring sister Kami with E.E.
My Always Supportive Auntie Elizabeth giving Missy a ride on one of her horses.
My Sister-in-law Jennie. She is the one and only SuperMom!
My Amazing Mother-in-law.
My Fearless sister Natalie with her 2 girls
Kami with Missy & Sissy

My Treasured Grams & Auntie Elizabeth at the Mitchell Sealing

Here are my Parents with all of the grandchildren in Oct 2007. Two more Grandsons have been added since then & another grandchild due at the end of this year.
Pregnant together with my Vivacious friend Shannon.
My friends Outstanding Sherrie & Sweet Jamie
Marvelous Sarah can be counted on for anything, anytime and any place.

Here is Sissy with Delightful Grandma Hendrix

Missy cuddling on the beach with Nana
My Beyond Awesome sister Mayme with her daughter E. Mayme is BeAwesome!
Nana with E.E.
About to Pop Natalie with Mayme and Nana in the background.
These kiddos are my pride and joy. They make my life complete!
As I was putting this together I realized that I don't have any photos of the 4th Great Grandma. She is coming to visit us tomorrow and I will have to make sure we take many pics in the few days that they are here with us.
This last pic is one of my Mom when she was pregnant with me. I am so grateful for her perseverance, her faith, and her sheer determination. After losing 3 babies before me, I am in awe of her ability to continue on. She has been, and always will be, a wonderful example to me. Mom, I'm sorry I didn't get a card in the mail to you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you do for me and for my family. You are all of the wonderful adjectives in the English language rolled into one.

I hope all of the women out there have a wonderful Mother's Day. I know that some of you aren't biological mothers, but I know that you all touch the lives of others in ways you may never know. Also, there are so many women that I look up to, but I don't have a picture of. Please know so many of you mean so much to me!

There is a wonderful talk by M. Russell Ballard from last year's LDS General Conference. I have really enjoyed reading it today.

Happy Mother's Day!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

primdollie said...

Oh how lovely! you and your mom and wonderful family... each one obviously very special!! glad you had a great day! thanks for sharing!! mine was fun as well sadly forgot the camera! but our son took pics!! hugs Linda

The Knutson Klan said...

What a great celebration of moms! You are truly blessed to have these women in your life! You are a super mom yourself though! I enjoy your tweets....@MyFourMonkeys

The Knutson Klan said...

BTW, I grabbed your button. It's at myfourmonkeys.com. Thanks!

Pike's Place said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jessica! It was so fun to see pics of your family.

The Knutson Klan said...

Good morning! I want to present you with a "Sushi" blog award! Come pick it up at http://myfourmonkeysproductreviews.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-sushi-awards.html

Darcy said...

That is really awsome Jessica, and the last picture of your mom looks just like Mayme.

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Great photos! Happy Mother's Day!

siteseer said...

I loved looking at your photo journal. You are so lucky to be surrounded by such loving caring women. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Jess- I enjoyed your Mother's day entry. You are always thoughtful and I love that about you!!!!! xoxoxo Kami

amy morgan said...

LOVE the picture of you preggers! Too cute ;) Happy Late Mother's Day!

ayura said...

Thanks for stopping by the ohter day and entering my giveaway.
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Related Posts with Thumbnails