Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Due to technical difficulties, I've been MIA for a bit.  But, I'm back!

I loved, loved Thanksgiving this year.  It was quite quiet as my parents were unable to come visit as we had been expecting, but it still was very nice.  I have so much to be thankful for!

We had a smoked turkey, rolls, corn, beans, stuffing, chocolate pie, and pumpkin pie.  It doesn't sound too elaborate, but with me doing all the cooking and having mildly picky children, it was perfect for us.  I only wish I had taken pictures of the pies.  They were beautiful!

It's tradition in our family to put up our Christmas tree on Thanksgiving night.  We found that 3 strands of our lights didn't work, so it was put on hold until Friday night.

Buddy attempting to snuggle with me on the couch hampered my ability to take a picture just a tad...


Daddy assisted Sissy in placing the final touch, Angel Moroni, on top of the tree as Missy, decked out in her Santa hat, looks on.  Yes, I made them recreate the moment for pics because I missed it the first time around.



Ah, it's complete.  Now time to sit down on the couch and enjoy the fruits of our labors.

Happy Holidays Everyone!



Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Pike's Place said...

Ahhh . . . nice Thanksgiving! Your tree looks so festive as well. Quiet is nice.

Eli's Lids said...

Love it! Christmas is in full bloom here. But the house is a total mess. Somethings gotta give...

Related Posts with Thumbnails